*** Utah riders, FIREBIRDS race Aug 14th ***

13 replies to this topic
  • mrmoto

Posted August 09, 2004 - 06:50 AM

The firebirds race this Saturday starts at 7:30am. Since I don't want to get up before dawn and drive for 2 hours, I'll be camping overnight in the Firebirds pit area. A little evening pre-race riding, campfire, barbeque... Anybody interested? Chris, Danny, Steve, anyone who thought about racing but hasn't... Should be a fun race, see the race info at www.raceusra.com .

• mrmoto

Posted August 10, 2004 - 04:36 AM

Nobody's racing this weekend??? Guess there's alot of chatting about souping up bikes and riding fast... Come on now let's put our bikes where are mouths are (or something like that).

• live_to_ride

Posted August 10, 2004 - 07:22 AM

I would go, but I just don't like races that much. It is expensive for one (unemployed college student), and it is always dusty as heck. I might go if I can't get another ride going this weekend. Come on Eric, you know trail rides are more fun! Cheaper too. :devil: Anyway, good luck and be careful!

:thumbsup:

• N7SLC

Posted August 10, 2004 - 07:36 AM

Nobody's racing this weekend??? Guess there's alot of chatting about souping up bikes and riding fast... Come on now let's put our bikes where are mouths are (or something like that).

No racing for me. Been there, done that and I promised the wife that
I wouldn't race when I got back into dirt bikes.

Hmm... :thinking:for a minute there, I thought I could hear the
sound of whipping. :thumbsup:

• r1superstar

Posted August 10, 2004 - 08:06 AM

No racing for me. Been there, done that and I promised the wife that
I wouldn't race when I got back into dirt bikes.

Hmm... :thinking:for a minute there, I thought I could hear the
sound of whipping. :awww:

Yep, whipped you are. :thumbsup:

Eric,

I was planning on doing the race but I have to work this weekend. :devil:

• tigerowner_ut

Posted August 10, 2004 - 08:25 AM

If Utah had enduros I would make a few but the desert isn't my favorite place to ride in the summer. I will be at 9000 ft enjoying the cool mountains of Monticello!
:thumbsup:

• mrmoto

Posted August 10, 2004 - 08:40 AM

Monticello will be a great ride... :thumbsup: how 'bout we start a club and organize some enduros? Why not? I'm sure we could get plenty of participation. You work with the forrest service. Any chance we could get permission to run an enduro through the mountains? AF not likely. Maybe Monticello area. 9 mile canyon. :devil:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ogrebelle

Posted August 10, 2004 - 11:21 AM

Chris, Danny, Steve, anyone who thought about racing but hasn't...

Eric,
I'm offended you didn't think of me too. :thumbsup: Maybe its because I have been virtually non-existent this year. I agree though, the summer isn't my favorite time to ride in the desert. Actually, no time is my favorite time to ride in the desert. I'm a mountain guy through and through. :devil: Always have been.
Doug

• live_to_ride

Posted August 10, 2004 - 11:42 AM

Ya, it seems like there are only a few weeks per year that are good to ride in the desert. We have extreme hot, extreme cold, and a few days in between where it is nice in the desert. We've got to hit cherry creek and 5-mile pass a few times this fall!!

• mrmoto

Posted August 10, 2004 - 12:10 PM

Desert racing does take some toughness and commitment... heat, dust, sun, rocks, sand... all tough stuff. I kinda dig it. Different strokes for different folks :thumbsup:

• tigerowner_ut

Posted August 10, 2004 - 01:29 PM

:awww: how 'bout we start a club and organize some enduros? Why not? I'm sure we could get plenty of participation. You work with the forrest service. Any chance we could get permission to run an enduro through the mountains? AF not likely. Maybe Monticello area. 9 mile canyon. :thumbsup:

I am no expert in the process we would have to go through to get this done. What would have to be done is very time consuming and costly. Unless one of us is Wealthy and can hire a team of scientists to write an Environmental Impact Statement I am afraid that we are SOL. On top of that we would have to build temporary trails to connect existing trails for the event and rehabilitate them afterwards. Not an easy task. :devil: I am happy with some great long days of trail riding and a possible excursion to the Idaho 100 ( Boise Ridge Riders )or Colorado ( Rocy Mountain Enduro Circuit ) for an occasional event.

Posted Image

• r1superstar

Posted August 10, 2004 - 02:27 PM

Desert racing does take some toughness and commitment... heat, dust, sun, rocks, sand... all tough stuff. I kinda dig it. Different strokes for different folks :devil:

I hear ya. Fair weathered riders. And they call themselves dirt bikers. :thumbsup: :awww:

• mrmoto

Posted August 11, 2004 - 05:09 AM

Let's definately do next year's Idaho 100.

• tigerowner_ut

Posted August 11, 2004 - 08:38 AM

Let's definately do next year's Idaho 100.

I would like to plan on it. I need to train this winter if I am going to survive it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.