White Bros E-series melting rear brake master cylinder

4 replies to this topic
  • Pothole

Posted August 09, 2004 - 06:46 AM

On a '99 YZ400 with an E-series rear section, the pipe is so close to the rear brake master cylinder, it's melting it. It has some heat tape on it, but it's still getting too hot. Any ideas on a fix?

• Ga426owner

Posted August 09, 2004 - 11:45 AM

I have never seen that before - on my WR it was real close but never melted....did you bend the mounting bracket?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamaha.dude

Posted August 09, 2004 - 12:33 PM

If you want a better part to replace it with, then get the 03 or later rear master cylinder... it doesn't have that huge plastic reservoir to stick up and get melted... It has been done before... I think it was Satch... but a search will reveal the results...

Good luck,

David

• YZ426FPilot

Posted August 09, 2004 - 09:19 PM

How does your side panel look? Is it melting too? What kind of riding are out doing? If your're running hard for long periods of time and melting stuff, you might be a little lean on the main, needle or both.

• YAMAKAZE

Posted August 10, 2004 - 09:20 AM

Ah, this is No big deal.... It happened to a bunch of us when we first got our 99's years ago. Just remove the master cylinder, take a pair of vise grips or an adjustable wrench and bend the mounting bracket out away from the pipe about 1/4 of an inch. when you put the guard back on you will also have to pull it away from the cyninder a little as well. No more problems.....

Bonzai :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.