Hot Start

3 replies to this topic
  • rickyracer68

Posted August 07, 2004 - 08:23 PM

I own a 2002 YZ426 I have gone thru the carb due to hard starting when the bike is cold. So I disassembled the carb and cleaned it up now the bike starts better but it will not start unless you use the hot start? Once the bike is started it runs great but you can not start it unless you use the hot start! Anybody have any suggestions? :thumbsup:

• Satch0922

Posted August 08, 2004 - 02:27 AM

If it starts with the hot start button then the bike is running too rich.

Go to the jetting forum and you will find info you need.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sirthumpalot

Posted August 08, 2004 - 09:10 AM

Either it's too rich, or something is putting gas in the motor before you try to start it. Either your float might be stuck or adjusted incorrectly, or someone is twisting the grip on you (do you twist the grip when you try to start it?).

• rickyracer68

Posted August 29, 2004 - 05:38 PM

No That is the one thing I have learned over the years with Thumpers. The carb has been rebuilt and I have Oxygen sensor so the bike seems to be running with the right mixture?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.