How to install Carbon Fiber Frame Guards?

5 replies to this topic
  • SCOTTYZF426FLA

Posted August 07, 2004 - 03:13 PM

I just got a set of carbon fiber frame guards for my 04 YZ 450 of Ebay. How do I mount them to the frame? I thought I would just take the bolts out for the subframe and put the bolt through the hole however that does not work because the bolt is not long enough at the guard would have to bend. Any help? I am thinking double sided tape...but they will probably fall off.

• yz426onNOS

Posted August 07, 2004 - 04:00 PM

Are there slots for zip-ties?

• GreggT

Posted August 07, 2004 - 05:00 PM

Mine came with a bolt for the top hole two bolts and spacers for the middle and two fram clamps for the rear.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • thumper_dad

Posted August 08, 2004 - 03:31 AM

You should have recieved longer bolts to replace the stock shorter ones, Idon't know what MFG you got but Light Speed sent ours.

Good Luck

• custombike

Posted August 09, 2004 - 02:01 PM

Sounds like you bought the ones from extreme_super_store off of eBay. I bought a set for my CRF 250 and had the same problem with the left guard(the surface where the bolt head seats against the guard wasn't squared either). I used STRONG double sided tape. You may be able to get a longer bolt and use a spacer between the guard & subframe? I rode mine for bout 5 hours this past weekend and the tape held up fine, but it has more surface area to stick to than a YZF.

• SCOTTYZF426FLA

Posted August 09, 2004 - 05:31 PM

Yeah that is what I did, that is where I bought them on Ebay. I would not have bought them if I knew I needed hardware that I can't get a picture of. I will dink around with it tomorrow night to see if I cant figure it out.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.