HAD FUN WITH HIS 650R

146 replies to this topic
  • SMOKE

Posted August 19, 2004 - 05:55 PM

chopjaw pm me and i will give you my number we are going to jean saturday if you are down to get stomped by a brp :awww: :thumbsup: :devil:

• jws

Posted August 19, 2004 - 06:02 PM

i am glad you like your KTM :thumbsup: :lol: :devil:

jeff :awww:

• Dezrider

Posted August 19, 2004 - 06:54 PM

Chopjaws - Was this the guy you beat? :thumbsup:
Posted Image

• chopjaw

Posted August 19, 2004 - 06:56 PM

Hey man, I am going up to the Az strip this weekend. Got real long over nighter. Thanks, BTW we need to chew up some dirt sometime. Have a safe trip.

PB.

• chopjaw

Posted August 19, 2004 - 06:58 PM

THAT"S a good looking bike. Is that yours ?? If it is, way cool. :thumbsup:

• BWB63

Posted August 19, 2004 - 07:14 PM

The front forks on that bike cost more then my whole bike!!! :devil: You are kidding when you don't know who's bike that is right?????? :awww: It would be fun to race our bikes in nuetral ground. I would like to see a good bike that can hold it's own against the BRP or even beat it. I know for sure I have beat'n others that are better riders then I on my turff. You may have a better bike and be a better rider but, if you haven't riden there and I ride there all the time.....you get the picture. It would be great to get it together with all ego's aside and race.....it would be a great story!!!! that would realy get jump'n ......I'll travel :thumbsup:

• Dezrider

Posted August 19, 2004 - 07:16 PM

Just call me "Johnny". :thumbsup:

• smashinz2002

Posted August 19, 2004 - 08:16 PM

Dude, that's cool and stuff, but there is no way in hell that any KTM will ever smoke MY 650R! I have it uncorked, jetted rich, holes in the airbox, no exhaust tip, and of course the good ol' 40mm intake boot. AND I'm running an avgas fuel mixture. This thing hauls ass BIG TIME!
I have test ridden that KTM a few months ago, because a guy I know owns a KTM dealership and I buy all my carb jets and oil there. I thought it was pretty damn quick for a stock bike, (but still too slow), it vibrates almost as bad as my KX500, it weighs a freakin ton, and it's seriously overpriced.
The 625 is a really cool looking bike and I did like it, and I hope you have a ton of fun with it, it's just that I think it would be fun to race one with my 650R, that's all. Either that, or let's run your 625 against my KX500, let's see here, KX500 is what, about 220lbs and around 65hp? Meet up with one of those on the trail and see what happens! Haha
The big KX does not eat anyone's roost! (well except for a "built" 650R, I hear those are over 70horse and BRUTAL!!!)
LL.
'00 XR650R/uncorked/jetted w/other mods/very fast
'04 KX500/jetted/fmf gnarly pipe/stupid fast/crazy/insane

• wickedsprint

Posted August 19, 2004 - 08:56 PM

Stop talking about KX500s..I am still quasi on the fence over which one I want to dualsport..lol..pretty sure the 650R will be a better choice though.

• Old_Man_Time

Posted August 19, 2004 - 09:30 PM

Stop talking about KX500s..I am still quasi on the fence over which one I want to dualsport..lol..pretty sure the 650R will be a better choice though.

Get em both. My KX500 is dual sported but I never ride street with it. :thumbsup: :devil: :awww:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wickedsprint

Posted August 20, 2004 - 04:08 AM

We still never determined from him whether or not this was a 650R or L..but I have a hard time believing comparable weight with half the hp would beat a 650R at any race.

What is the fuel burn on the kx500 compared to your 650R in race type riding?

• chopjaw

Posted August 20, 2004 - 06:24 AM

You know, you guys are comming up with some kind of bogus info on the HP. There are guys that have had their KTM 625 on a DYNO. ALL OF THEM have come in around 49-52 HP. The Hp diff that you are finding is WAY OFF BASE. YEA YEA YEA, yada,yada,yada about what you are finding for horsepower those article are wrong. I do like the 650R, I think it's a cool bike. But I really like comming here and stir the pot and get some love from you guys :thumbsup:

Take care.

• big t

Posted August 20, 2004 - 06:55 AM

I can feel the love. :thumbsup:

• BIGGITY

Posted August 20, 2004 - 07:48 AM

Chopjaws - Was this the guy you beat? :thumbsup:
Posted Image

I've seen Johhny race down at the Baja Races multiple times and it is unbelievable how fast this guy goes. WFO 117+ mph in the desert. Unbelievable to watch the control level. NO bike would touch his with all the mods he has had done.

• qadsan

Posted August 20, 2004 - 08:46 AM

NO bike would touch his with all the mods he has had done.

According to various articles and from talking to various people and racers, the engines aren't modified as much as you might think. Here's a article from Honda where Johnny Campbell talks about how the Honda off road team builds their Baja bikes.

http://www.hondaredr...&Type=OR&bhcp=1

I believe the 625SXC or XR650R or a KX500, etc, has what it takes to win Baja, but not many riders have the skill, nerve, endurance, etc, to manage the throttle so skillfully without crashing. Not everybody can keep the throttle pinned at 120+ in the whoops. I get nervous at 80+ MPH speeds unless things are pretty smooth :thumbsup:

• mikekay

Posted August 20, 2004 - 11:44 AM

November 17th, 2004
Ensenada
6:00 am at the Baja 1000 starting line...

Factory KTM 625 based bike raced by Dakar veteran Richard Sainct

--VS--

Factory Honda 650 based bike raced by Baja veteran Steve Hengveld

Chopjaw---want to make a little wager?!

• chopjaw

Posted August 20, 2004 - 11:55 AM

Sure, What do you want to lose????

Posted Image

• wickedsprint

Posted August 20, 2004 - 12:02 PM

Chopjaw..you thinkt he 625 has a chance against a 650R in baja conditions? What is their track recod thus far?

• chopjaw

Posted August 20, 2004 - 12:05 PM

I dont know, do you??? jesus man take it easy... it's all in good fun... CHRIST!!!

• Old_Man_Time

Posted August 20, 2004 - 12:18 PM

Sure, What do you want to lose????

Posted Image

Hey man I don't know if that is your bike but it sure looks cool. That ain't no stock exhaust. No wonder your crying about the HP stats being cited on this thread. Im sure that beast does have considerably more HP. Go for it this is getting really interesting. :thumbsup: :devil: :awww:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.