Just returned from Bridgeport ride and fish.

7 replies to this topic
  • BULLDOG

Posted June 11, 2001 - 05:46 PM

Just got back from 3 days of camping, riding and fishing in the bridgeport area with a buddy on a XR650. What a beautiful area to ride. Rode as high as 9500ft with not so much as a sputter. Fished streams with telescopic poles in backpack. rode and hiked into secret lakes. Miles and miles of trails near Bodie (ghost Town) mostly mining trails and abandoned mines. I strongly recommend to anyone looking for a change and an adventure. :)

------------------
It's your world, I just play in it!

'00WR, WB E-Series S-Bend w/7 discs, Stock header, GUTS high seat, Thumper Bar Risers, throttle stop trimmed, airbox cover removed. Stock jetting. 4500ft.

• marty_mosley

Posted June 11, 2001 - 06:12 PM

Sound like fun ! I thinking of going to mammoth mx in a couple weeks. were you on a street legal bike? I haven't been fishing in so long I am not even sure where my gear is at. work sucks !

marty

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted June 11, 2001 - 06:41 PM

So - when are you going again? Do you offer trail guide service?

I'd love to get over that direction for some riding & I might have to try my hand at fishing.

Brian

• Howard_Huge

Posted June 11, 2001 - 06:47 PM

Hey Bri there might be snow up there, you might want to bring your dog. :)
LOL,huge

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PMAUST

Posted June 11, 2001 - 09:00 PM

Huge, you are brutal man! Give Brian a break for crying out loud. One tiny little mistake. Forgets bike brings dog....He will never live that one down, will he? :)

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted June 12, 2001 - 06:25 AM

Medium - kiss my DOG's ass :)

Are you riding the Reno 200? If not, can you dog sit for me?

Brian

• BULLDOG

Posted June 13, 2001 - 06:21 PM

It's a great trip. Hope to be doing it again soon. I was on my dub-r. We trailered the bikes up and set up camp near Sumner Meadows. Stopped at the local Forestry station to see where we could and could not ride. They were very welcoming. They said we could ride anywhere there was dirt with the only exception being the Hoover Wilderness Area. I bought a $6 map at the station and went from there. Most of the dirt roads and trails are marked on the map. We rode mostly in the Toiyabe National Forest. If I went again, I would spend some time near Bodie on the mining trails. There also seems to be a lot of riding areas near Mammoth on the snowmobile trails. Another trip is waiting for me. :)

• Clark_Mason

Posted June 13, 2001 - 07:12 PM

There is lots of riding around Mammoth especially if your sco

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.