Will it make a differenceif I

9 replies to this topic
  • TampaBoy813

Posted August 06, 2004 - 06:29 PM

Ok as you all know I have a YZ426 Quad....Will it make a difference if the intake tube b4 the carb is a little longer?....I just need about an 1" or so...to clear the new Guset's on the frame...I hope it will work it sure would make things a lot easier...

thanxs for all your Info
-Paul :thumbsup:

• yz426onNOS

Posted August 06, 2004 - 11:11 PM

It should be just fine!

• Hamish

Posted August 07, 2004 - 01:58 AM

it'll make virtually no difference at all. Between the carby and the inlet valve, well thats a different story....

• TampaBoy813

Posted August 07, 2004 - 02:28 AM

it'll make virtually no difference at all. Between the carby and the inlet valve, well thats a different story....

huh? :thumbsup:

• ovrrdrive

Posted August 07, 2004 - 05:54 AM

huh? :thumbsup:

He's talking about the boot between the engine and the carb. If you lengthen that one it will have an effect like a high rise intake on a car engine. Slowing down the response, decreasing bottom end torque, but usually increasing horsepower.

The boot going to the airbox doesn't affect anything. Mess with it at will.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hamish

Posted August 07, 2004 - 01:23 PM

glad some1 understands what I was trying to say :thumbsup:

• DoctorRzed

Posted August 07, 2004 - 01:34 PM

An engine that great should not be wasted in a quad :thumbsup:

• ovrrdrive

Posted August 07, 2004 - 03:18 PM

I see alot of good advice coming from you. I usually even understand what you're trying to say too. :thumbsup: :devil:

• felony

Posted August 07, 2004 - 03:43 PM

a longer boot between carb and cylinder will increase low end torque,throttle response will suffer slightly though,you should be al'ight :thumbsup:

• yz426onNOS

Posted August 07, 2004 - 04:01 PM

glad some1 understands what I was trying to say :awww:

:thumbsup: :devil:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.