Off Subject (kinda) - New Honda SUV?

3 replies to this topic
  • RacerX

Posted June 20, 2001 - 07:42 PM

Does anyone know anything about a new Honda Sport Ute possibly coming out next year (Passport replacement)? I've seen references to a Honda MAV model on the net. I understand that it might be based on the Acura MDX. I like the MDX and I think it would work fine for towing my 3 bike trailer. Just wondering if a Honda derivative would cost a little less than the
Acura, of course with less fruit salad.

Hey, when is Yamaha going to start building cars/trucks anyway?

• Pete_Z

Posted June 21, 2001 - 09:57 PM

RacerX,if I'm not mistaken Yamaha does build a few engines that are used in the automotive world.Two that come to mind immediately are the SC V-6 used in the now defunct Ford Taurus SHO,and the venerable 4 cyl. Toyota 22-R(E)used in many great Toyota cars and (mostly) trucks over the years.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GPS Dual Sport

Posted June 23, 2001 - 08:04 AM

My spy at Honda R&D tells me the new SUV will be the next generation CRV. It will be a little bigger but not much.
Yamaha will not be building cars. Toyota bought a 5% stake in Yamaha last year. Yamaha bought equal value of Toyota stock. Yamaha and Toyota have been sharing engine technology for the auto racing programs in Europe and Japan. Toyota is also making a car for Formula 1 racing. Yamaha is technical advisor on this engine program.

There is a rumor in the auto industry that Honda is considering getting out of the car building business. The rumor is Honda will become a enging supplier to the Big 3. Honda has already made a deal with GM. Honda will get GM V8's for their future full size truck. GM will get Honda motors and transmissions for something they have pending.

Zaknavage
98WR400 Dual Sport GPS geek and SAE member.

• RacerX

Posted June 28, 2001 - 01:01 PM

Rumor update on the new Honda MDX based SUV...
http://www.usatoday....06-26-honda.htm

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.