Just the basics, a horn and good mirror????

5 replies to this topic
  • J_DOGG

Posted August 06, 2004 - 04:25 AM

I have been using a hand horn and cheesy mirror since I got my bike a few months ago. It was enough to get my plate and sticker but now that I'm off road more I have found the hardware used just wont hold up to the abuse and keeps working loose.

I would like to go with a basic electric horn and sold mounting big or small mirror. I don't need a complete kit cuz I don't want blinkers and already have the tail light working.

What are you guys using and or what do you recommend?

Thanks

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted August 06, 2004 - 04:50 AM

I have an Acerbis folding mirror, that folds up when on-road, and folds down sort of in front of the handlebar crossbar when off-road. Over here the WR's come street legal, so I have the stock horn, but something small off a DRZ or similar should do the trick. :thumbsup: My horn is now tucked behind my headlight too, out of the way.

• bfly

Posted August 06, 2004 - 05:06 AM

The Acerbis mirror seems to work well. You can fold it out of the way when off-road.

Posted Image

This mirror seems like a better solution than the Acerbis one. I haven't tried it but it looks like it might work a little better. The Acerbis vibrates pretty bad.

Posted Image

I use a Zefal bell right now. It is out of the way and so far I haven't been pestered by the cops about it.

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PumpkinHumper

Posted August 06, 2004 - 07:06 AM

Hows this for a Horn. Its a Radio shack personal alarm $10 and a honda kill switch. Wire the 2 together and wala instant electric horn. Works great and is fairly loud. Its 9v battery powered.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• J_DOGG

Posted August 09, 2004 - 05:59 AM

thanks guys I just picked up a personal alarm from radio shack, even smaller than the one pictured and will be mounting it this week.

Still haven't seen the mirror I like yet though.

• fershy

Posted August 22, 2004 - 12:40 PM

Check out Fourstrokes Only or Baja Designs for a fold away mirror. I had the Acerbis mirror for a while but it vibrated badly not matter how muchI tightened it and was utterly useless except for filling the legality issue.
fershy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.