Bill, Update on magnetic oil plug

1 reply to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 11, 2001 - 12:10 PM

Bill this post is in referance to your request on how the TD drain plug worked. I would have to say after changing the oil this afternoon it looks like the plug is really working. I didn't have any big metal pieces on it thank God, but the plug seemed to have more than the filter. I don't know if this is possible. If I could post pictures I would. I thought the oil went threw the filter before going threw the bottom of the bike, maybe someone can help me out with that. But for the sixteen bucks I think it's worth the added protection. Maybe you can try it, I'm glad I did.
Regards, Dennis :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bill

Posted June 11, 2001 - 12:28 PM

Dennis,

Thanks for the feedback. I have the Yamaha mag plug and it pulled what I would consider metal dust. Sounds like about the same as the TY plug. My guess would be, that the Ty plug will help more, if larger pieces are floating around.

Hope that never happens!

Bill

------------------
97 KDX220, 86 TTR225, 99 WR400f, WR timing, MX-Tech suspension, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Cycra Pro-Bend hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC, Rausch Creek MXC, Tower City Trail Riders.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.