yz450 only for the race track?

5 replies to this topic
  • wantmorepower

Posted August 05, 2004 - 10:22 PM

hey i was just curious if there is anyway the yz450 could be green sticker?are there any aftermarket exhaust pipes that makes it red or green sticker?

thanks

• svotta

Posted August 07, 2004 - 05:55 PM

What's a green sticker? Thank goodness they are not needed in VA.

• Jeffro426

Posted August 07, 2004 - 06:51 PM

Any bikes manufactured after 2002 will get a red sticker unless the DMV goofs and send you a green...meaning you will be issued a red sticker for a 450. No exhausts will alter if you recieve red or green.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • endurodog

Posted August 07, 2004 - 07:13 PM

Any bikes manufactured after 2002 will get a red sticker unless the DMV goofs and send you a green...meaning you will be issued a red sticker for a 450. No exhausts will alter if you recieve red or green.

In California only.

• RacerDad

Posted August 07, 2004 - 07:47 PM

I thought I read here on TT that DMV (in California) was giving in to the pressure of the misconception that 4 strokes were exempt from red stickers fearing lawsuits and that they had bumped up the existing law to allow bikes through 2003. I hate to be quoted on this one, but I own bikes in the 03 & 04 range and am pretty sure that was the latest poop on the subject.

• TeamTFO1

Posted August 10, 2004 - 10:18 AM

I thought I read here on TT that DMV (in California) was giving in to the pressure of the misconception that 4 strokes were exempt from red stickers fearing lawsuits and that they had bumped up the existing law to allow bikes through 2003. I hate to be quoted on this one, but I own bikes in the 03 & 04 range and am pretty sure that was the latest poop on the subject.

Nope this is not true (even though it should be) Its so hard for me to belive that a bikes emissions can change from year to year bull sh** ,Its just another way are glorious state is screwing us around. I say that we get a group of bikes together ranging in years from 1990 to present and see the difference in the emission output I doubt there is much of a difference.By the way there is a way around this little problem you register your bike out of state and get a visiting sticker from dmv (but you didnt here that from me! :devil:) :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.