carbon fiber air box cover!

7 replies to this topic
  • ncmountainman

Posted August 05, 2004 - 05:43 PM

Post deleted by ncmountainman

• unabiker

Posted August 06, 2004 - 02:52 AM

I can have some of these carbon lids ready to go in less than 2 weeks.
If someone near Indianapolis would let me use their bike to take measurements, I will give them a carbon lid in return.
Drop me a PM.

• ncmountainman

Posted August 08, 2004 - 02:21 PM

unabiker seems interested in making these , the stock covers are made from old rubbermaid trash cans and won't stay put without silicone! i'd say something as stiff as cf might just seal closed. show some support if you might want one and maybe we can get some :thumbsup: i have been chatting with him about these and looks possible even the other side panel(just for the bling factor) is a possibility! even can come in a hybrid cf/kevlar that is blue,yellow and some other colors too :devil:

• Indy_WR450

Posted August 08, 2004 - 05:41 PM

Hey Bob,
You know I am in Indy! I missed your call on friday. :thumbsup: I just got back from 200 miles of UP Michigan riding! :awww:
I can get the cover to Unabiker. :devil:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RichBaker

Posted August 09, 2004 - 02:57 PM

I'd like one if it isn't too expensive....

• Indy_WR450

Posted August 09, 2004 - 03:15 PM

I just delivered the side cover to Brian (Unabiker). He has an awesome shop and makes all kind of high tech protection parts for dirt bikes! He is going to draw up the cad file needed to make a mold. :thumbsup:

• uparock

Posted August 17, 2004 - 03:09 PM

put me on the list for one.I have an 04 wr450.thanks

• Indy_WR450

Posted August 17, 2004 - 07:21 PM

Unabiker is very reasonable with all his pricing. I am sure he will price it to sell many. I will talk to him on Thursday and update everyone. :thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.