470 jetting

6 replies to this topic
  • yzf450jack

Posted August 05, 2004 - 01:55 PM

Anybody have a 470 kit and what jetting you are using The jets it came with are a 48 pilot 160 main at sea level the pilot to me is to big

• jetnurse

Posted August 05, 2004 - 04:11 PM

In my 450 I have 50 pilot 172 main and a white bros pipe. If anything the main jet seems lean....good luck

jetnurse

• Chazlom

Posted August 05, 2004 - 05:55 PM

I could never get the jetting sorted out after the motor work. That’s why my stock carb is for sale on eBay.
I went with the Edelbrock Carb (WebSite) best thing I have done for the bike since the 470 kit and headwork. No TPS. No Hot Start, No Choke, it starts cold or hot on the first few kicks if not the first. No jets, just a needle I have switched out only once when I went to Glamis.
Now my bike runs clean and strong, with no bog or popping. I was dealing with the jetting problems for six months then I switch to the Edelbrock. I tried every jet setting possible along with the JT Air/fuel meter hooked up to my bike. Believe me I tried everything to try to get it running good, I just couldn't.
My last settings that were just ok, with the stock carb were a 65 Main, 45 Pilot, and JD Blue needle on the third clip. That’s in the So Cal area, so hot at about 1000 foot alt.
Good Luck!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yzf450jack

Posted August 06, 2004 - 01:22 PM

How much was the edelbrock

• Anssi

Posted August 07, 2004 - 01:54 AM

Running stock settings on my dad's 2mm overbore (472cc).

• YZDAD1

Posted August 07, 2004 - 04:07 AM

I bet your having most of your trouble starting it hot? I have a 470 with Hot Cams headwork & Jardine Pipe and run a 42 pilot standard needle position and a 168 main. Also, check and make sure your float is not too high.

• yzf450jack

Posted August 07, 2004 - 06:13 AM

Not hard starting 3rd kick dead cold 1st hot it has a studder at 1/4 throttle it might be the p-38 accelerator pump i put that on and it seems like im not getting a full sqwirt about 1/2 :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.