Oil changes

7 replies to this topic
  • jim-in-so-ore

Posted June 11, 2001 - 11:35 AM

Hey guys,
I've been wondering at what intervals do you guys change your oil? My WR is dual sported and I do not race so I'm wondering at about how many miles do you guys change yours?......... OIL that is.
thanx, Jim

• kenmoto1

Posted June 11, 2001 - 11:46 AM

I change mine about every 3 to 4 dirt rides.
So thats about every 8 to 10 hours. Might seem like alot but oil is cheeper than a motor,plus WRs only take a little over a quart and a half anyways.

Posted June 15, 2001 - 09:34 PM

I change mine every 200-300 miles on a 01-wr426..No problems yet..Using Mobil 1 4 stroke oil..Running great!!!!! :)

• Dennis'_WR426

Posted June 21, 2001 - 03:15 PM

Every one that knows me, I still use the old Yamalube!!!!!!!!
Dennis (Dens Dirt) :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted June 21, 2001 - 06:40 PM

If I do a really dusty 50+ mile ride I change my oil and clean my filters. Also use the Yamalube. I am curious about this too.

• *mike68*

Posted June 22, 2001 - 02:14 AM

the more the better

• bobwombat

Posted June 22, 2001 - 05:41 AM

jim, i concur w/mike68;....change the oil/clean the filters as often as possible. remember, $6000 bike; $6-$8 (max) in oil = easy decision. bobwombat

• Pete_Z

Posted June 22, 2001 - 06:18 AM

I change mine every 3-4 rides,which works out to approx. 8-10 hours.I use Amsoil 10w40 full synthetic motorcycle oil with no problems.It actually feels like the bike shifts better with this oil and I know that it doesn't break down when it gets hot.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.