YZ426f ...Rate your Pipes.

9 replies to this topic

Posted August 04, 2004 - 11:57 AM

Hey I have a 426f and i was wondering if you guys could give me ratings on all of your aftermarket pipes.Tell me the Bottom hit all the way to Top Hit. Thanks for your help guys.

Keep the Rubber side down!

• yz426onNOS

Posted August 04, 2004 - 12:22 PM

White bro. E-series promeg with the tapered head pipe! I was amazed at the low end power gain of the bike! Best pipe ever. IMHO

• Jeffro426

Posted August 04, 2004 - 12:46 PM

Thunder Alley wins hands down..bottom and mid gains are huge and makes it a whole different bike...therapture and FFRacing have some special combo they use and seems to make ALOT of power too(i want to say a supertrapp with a yoshi headpipe?? :thumbsup: )

• klokard

Posted August 04, 2004 - 03:45 PM

Though I only run it when going to track the DMC (Dave Miller Cycle)Alien is an awesome pipe. It has the troatiest sound and really gives a great low end punch. Looks way cool also!

• Satch0922

Posted August 04, 2004 - 04:44 PM

I have the ProCircut T4. Makes the bike shreek! VERY loud but I like the mid to top power. Low end is not bad but pipes like the TA give better low end response.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • B86_Racer

Posted August 04, 2004 - 04:58 PM

Yes, you're right Jeffro on the combo of the pipes. however, if therapture's pipe was any louder, EVERYONE at the track would need earplugs. :devil:

Thunder Alley boosted my 250f pretty good but was kind of loud and annoying but would be great for MX. My factory 4 is better for the woods even though it is slightly louder than the stock pipe. I know I dont have a 426 but I figured my 2 cents wouldn't hurt. :thumbsup:

• Hamish

Posted August 05, 2004 - 01:37 AM

for top end I like my DSP factory system, but it's too loud. It has a massive header pipe which is crap down low. Stepped GYT-R header pipe with stock YZ muffler works fine for me as an all round system that isnt too loud.

• rws

Posted August 05, 2004 - 01:51 AM

WOW! 707... I was just driving into work this morning thinking about the exact same topic... what a coincidence.

I'm currently running the stock exhaust on my 00 YZ426. A buddy of mine just bought a TTR 90 and it came with an FMF Ti [didn't know they made them so small! :thumbsup:]. It sounds great when he opens it up... that started me thinking about getting an exhaust system for my bike. However... I am on a budget. Actually the stock setup has plenty of power [I've just stepped up from a CR125]. Stock is a little loud. I'd like to find a pipe that has power, lower noise and perhaps even an environmentally friendly spark-arrestor. Not asking for too much... just everything.

• gmiles

Posted August 05, 2004 - 03:18 AM

I have a '00 yz426. When I got the bike it had the stock header pipe with an Arrow silencer. The Arrow silencer is big. Look at Everts bike........
Anyway I was fed up with moving the header to change the oil filter so I went hunting. Found a Pro Circuit header and two silencers on e-bay. The biggest difference I found was the weight of the complete system. The Pro Circuit is so much lighter. As performance goes I couldn't tell. I'm not a good enough rider to tell.
People know I'm coming with the Pro Circuit setup, its so loud.
I'm thinking of getting a stock silencer if I can find one. A few tracks in the UK are saying no aftermarket pipes. Its good to have one just in case!
More tracks will be closed because of the noise these beasts make. Although a 2 stroke screams the noise doesn't carry like a thumper.

• Florida_426

Posted August 05, 2004 - 05:42 AM

I have the Pro-Circuit T-4 system on my '02 YZ 426F. It opened yhr power up across the entire band. I did some careful jetting after a bad experience last year when I put the T-4 on and I have not looked back. it is loud, but not more than stock. All of my riding is MX too.

Bill

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.