WR or YZ, which one?

1 reply to this topic
  • Malcom_Dunlevy

Posted June 11, 2001 - 10:37 AM

Pardon the cross post. Great website. I’m ready to swap out my old CR for a 4 stroke Yamaha and figured I’d bounce my thoughts off this knowledgeable group. I do mostly trail/hillclimbs, and some MX riding. The question is YZ or WR? I don’t plan on track riding, but I do want the MX power. I may add a light kit and a kickstand if I went with the YZ. I read what everyone does to the WR to try to get the power of the YZ and figure for my purposes, it might be better to start with the YZ. I don’t plan on making either bike street legal. Opinions? The last question, is newer better? Is there any particulars to this bike when buying used? Thanks for any/all advice.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Taffy

Posted June 11, 2001 - 11:07 AM

try & get post y2k.

the wr is the way to go. all you gotta do is do the valve timing, get a little tank, change the pipe & the jetting to suit & you'll love it.

you can't really go wrong with either. but you can find the YZ short on gears but you won't find the WR short on anything.

Taffy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.