XR650R Black Rear Fender?????

3 replies to this topic
  • hulk

Posted August 03, 2004 - 04:44 PM

I'm getting ready to install a Baja Designs Kit and want to put a black rear fender on instead. Does anybody know of a fender that will fit?? Like a cr450 or 250?? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks :thumbsup:

• Pig_N_CR5hundy

Posted August 03, 2004 - 05:40 PM

You have 2 choices.

1. Stick with your red rear fender
2. Stick with your red rear fender and paint it black with Krylon Fusion paint.

Unfortunately, nobody makes black plastics for the pigs. Too bad to, alot of folks would buy it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DirtyChris

Posted August 03, 2004 - 05:51 PM

I just (as in hours ago) re-assembled the back fender/BD kit on my BRP after painting it black. I also painted the side number plates and got a black headlight and XR400 black front fender.
The Krylon Fusion paint seems to work pretty good, its actualy alot smoother then I thought it would be and fairly painless.
Wash the stock plastics with windex and hot water, dry and paint. Use lots of light coats with a medium to heavy final to get it looking smooth. If/when you go down, the red will show though, but its fairly easy to take it apart and re-paint.
You can find the Krylon Fusion paint at Wallmart.

I'll post pics in the morning.

• BWB63

Posted August 03, 2004 - 07:04 PM

Make sure you wait seven days before you crash. That's how long it takes to cure. Mine has been black for quite a while. I wish I would have blacked my side covers before I put all the stickers on. You have to keep the stickers because thay are what make the bike go faster!!! :devil: That's a black fender on my BRP jumping the table top. You can jump alot farther when you have black fenders. :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.