Shoulder Dislocation

2 replies to this topic
  • chris_Abel

Posted June 11, 2001 - 08:50 AM

About a year ago i was riding my KTM 200 and I hit a tree at 30mph my shoulder was dislocated. just 3 weeks ago I dislocated it not riding my WR4 but on a Bouncy Castle!! Ive now got to have an operation to prevent it coming out again. Aparently a dislocation is quite serious when your just 17 years old.
Does any one have any experience of
dislocations to the shoulder.

Aparently i wont be able to ride for 6 months!!

------------------

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 11, 2001 - 09:09 PM

I dislocated my shoulder when I was about 16
in a skiing accident. and Im 30 now and dislcated it about three weeks ago and went riding the same day. I can't throw a baseball or football with any force.
I had a friend that had the operation, the doctor told him that he may still have the problem. So far so good going on 3 years.
If I were you I would wait for winter to do it.

• EMARacing

Posted June 11, 2001 - 11:56 AM

I've had that surgery and I was out for about 6 weeks. The first 4 weeks the Dr. had me do absolutely nothing. Just kept my arm in a shoulder imobilizer. After that I started PT to get strenght and range of motion back. After about 2 weeks I could lift my arm high enough to get it on the bars. I started riding REAL easy. Wierd thing was, the riding did a lot more for my shoulder than the rehab did. I was back up to full speed (which isn't very fast) in no time at all.

This was done back in '93 and I haven't had any problems since. In fact I even separated the same shoulder, different injury, 8 weeks ago and the shoulder held tight and didn't dislocate.

Good luck.

------------------
John E. Walker

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.