Front brake routing

2 replies to this topic
  • mousemeat

Posted August 03, 2004 - 06:08 AM

Just got my WR450 from international motorcycle brokers, and i am impressed by the overall build quality of the bike. Just got one question though. Why is the front brake line routing so convoluted? Any plausible reasons? :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • StreetbikePimp

Posted August 03, 2004 - 07:14 AM

From what I have read in dirt rider magazines is that Honda has a patton on routing the front brake line behind the fork.

So my guess is that Yamaha routes it down the front of the fork because they don't feel like paying patton rights to Honda.

The WR450 for 2005 will feature "Honda like" front brake routing. Either the Honda's patton has expired, or Yamaha finally coughed up some dough.

• TallBoysWRF

Posted August 03, 2004 - 10:49 AM

Hey StreetBikePimp, I don't mean to be an a$$ but the word you are looking for is "patent". Patton was a WWII general. (I got your meaning though) :thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.