Grip Wire

5 replies to this topic
  • BoffoRider

Posted August 03, 2004 - 04:47 AM

Just wondering what gauge wire to use for grips? Also, what type of metal is the wire. Can I pick some up at any hardware store?

Thanks,

• John_Lorenz

Posted August 03, 2004 - 04:51 AM

Not sure the gauge, but stainless would be a good choice. Should be able to get it at Ace or any Lowes hardware store.

• shockdoc

Posted August 03, 2004 - 06:02 AM

Stainless .032 double wrapped works best.

doc

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BoffoRider

Posted August 03, 2004 - 08:03 AM

Any idea what gauge .032 is?

• Hank

Posted August 03, 2004 - 10:38 AM

I dont think they use the gauge option on wire as thin as this, When you look at your hardware store the spool should list thickness on it though, you will find what you are looking for there... I stopped using wire, I put a little grip glue on the bars and use brake cleaner on the grip and let the two make a nice thin bond... sets up tight I havent had them roll on me yet.. :devil: the wire has a tendency to piss me off... :thumbsup: but it definatly does the job...

• Fastest1

Posted August 04, 2004 - 03:27 AM

You dont need safety wire. Put some goop or E6000 or similar adhesive on the grip slide it on and forget it. You cant spin mine even when wet!

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.