Light Speed "CR" front brake hose routing kit

4 replies to this topic
  • Florida_426

Posted August 03, 2004 - 04:13 AM

I have ordered a Light Speed CR brake hose kit for my '02 426. Has anyone here used this kit and are there any quirks to watch for. I wanted a firmer feeling front brake as I use it much more that my rear most of the time on the track. Thanks in advance for any tips and input.

Bill

• gonzo

Posted August 09, 2004 - 12:59 AM

Just make sure you have some sort of fork protectors on the upper tubes like stickers or something. They will scratch them without the plastics on the top of the lower fork protectors.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CRFThumper

Posted August 09, 2004 - 01:56 AM

I got them as well,but i bought the cr style fork gards as well.For whatever reason to me it seems as though the line is a little short!Not much but it is pulling againstthe number plate and messing up my new so cal back grounds :thumbsup:
Just be sure to put the end with the bent banjo connection up top!I still love mine!

• RCannon

Posted August 09, 2004 - 02:17 AM

I ordered mine just after they appeared here on Thumpertalk. I have not had a moments trouble with it. My bike looks factory with these guards and my Tim Ferry fender.

I used a fastline brake line instead of the supplied Galfer unit. I broke a galfer line from my hand hitting the mastercylinder and swore I woudl never use one again.

Overall, I woudl buy the kit again.

• Florida_426

Posted August 09, 2004 - 08:12 AM

Thanks for the pointers and replies. i will post back when I get the set up installed and tested.

Bill

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.