Is it worth it??

4 replies to this topic
  • motocrosschump

Posted August 03, 2004 - 03:41 AM

I found an 98 YZ400F for $1500, my only purpose with this bike is to make a profit. The Bike has slipping clutches (not too bad) and otherwise it runs great. Its all stock, what kind of price would it bring if I sold it after fixing the clutches?

• rws

Posted August 03, 2004 - 03:45 AM

I'd say a little bit of research here will go a long way. I'd search ebay.com, cycletraderonline.com and even KBB.com or NADA to get an idea of what they are being advertised for currently. Then you can gauge your decision on whether or not you intend to spend more money to correct the problems and how much you will be able to get back.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jeffro426

Posted August 03, 2004 - 07:44 AM

If its really clean and runs good i would say you could probably get 2000-2300 for it...factor in your probably going to spend 200 bucks for a clutch and to fix anything else that might be wrong. You could probably make a couple hundred bucks but you need to ask yourself if you want to spend the time trying to do it.

• revolucien

Posted August 03, 2004 - 07:52 AM

if your paying 1500 and doing clutches it sounds like might break even. one of my friends just picked up a 99 400f for 1800 and only had to do fork seals.

• motocrosschump

Posted August 03, 2004 - 08:13 AM

ok, sounds like there is little or no margain in this. oh well :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.