Question.....blowing oil into air box???? HELP!

3 replies to this topic
  • drive805

Posted August 02, 2004 - 06:13 PM

....i have an 83 XL600 after a short ride i noticed that oil was driping from the air box, after a little clean up it was fine and went for another ride, again it started driping oil out of the air box and the crank case filter is full of oil...
now my question is what would cause that? would anyone know? thanks in advance for your help..
the bike has 11k miles and was serviced about 800 miles ago

• smashinz2002

Posted August 02, 2004 - 06:26 PM

Sounds like the bike has too much oil in it. This is easy to do on the dry sump engines like the 600 if they don't know how to properly check the oil level.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • frankstr

Posted August 03, 2004 - 02:41 AM

Possibly over filled with oil :thumbsup: :devil:

• drive805

Posted August 03, 2004 - 10:54 PM

you know after the service i never bothered to check the oil i just assumed that it was ok!!! i will check and see if its over full. Quite a-lot of oil has already leaked out but i will check it and see. Thanks and i will let you know what i find... Mike

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.