Radiator Guards What is the Best Kind?

25 replies to this topic
  • Indy_WR450

Posted August 10, 2004 - 04:39 PM

Unabiker has some great designs! If he makes one for your model get it! For my bike I had to make my own version by combining Devols with Works Connection braces for more money! Brian may get to the WR450 soon. I was very impressed with his shop and attention to detail! He is working on a Carbon fiber air box cover for the wr450's which are prone to leaking badly around the cover seal due to plastic flexing and only 3 fasteners. An ultra stiff Carbon fiber cover will be awesome! Go Brian! :thumbsup: :devil: :awww: :lol: :D

• ncmountainman

Posted August 10, 2004 - 05:16 PM

i'm in line for that cover too! can't wait :thumbsup:

• unabiker

Posted August 11, 2004 - 03:01 AM

I looked at their site, but they do not publish a price. How much does the radiator guards cost?
Hope you don't mind me asking.
Thanks,
DD :devil:

DD,
I currrently have the guards on sale for $85 for bare aluminum or $100.00 for anodized gold or black, plus shipping.
I have them available for WR250F, WR400, WR/YZ426, and WR450s.

Dan,
It was good to meet you. We'll have to go ride sometime.
Thanks for loaning me your airbox cover. This thing will look sweet in carbon. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DirtyDude

Posted August 12, 2004 - 04:25 AM

I just got hold of a pair of Unabiker rad guards for my '04WR450. Great design, seem very strong. Brian fabbed some good parts here. I recommend them highly. :thumbsup:

• DirtDobber

Posted August 13, 2004 - 02:23 AM

Thank you sir! I've got some different one's coming. If they don't meet my standards, I will try yours next.
DD

• The_Missile

Posted August 16, 2004 - 09:06 PM

For my bike I had to make my own version by combining Devols with Works Connection braces ......

My solution exactly as I found Devols pretty useless on their own on side impacts.
When I find what I am looking for, I will still be adding a strengthening tube behind the radiatiors to increase the side crush resistance.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.