larger rear sprocket=larger chain???

2 replies to this topic
  • BlueDragon

Posted August 02, 2004 - 08:36 AM

So I'm upgrading my stock chain and sprockets. I currently have a 14/50 with I think a 114 link chain~all stock. I want to go to a 14/52 combo. :devil: It would make sense that I'd need to get more links to fit a larger diameter sprocket. Is this true? How many links?
Thanks again for all the wisdom at this site :thumbsup: :awww:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted August 02, 2004 - 08:55 AM

115 links should do you just fine. 114 will not fit. :thumbsup: Or you can put on a 13 tooth front an keep the stock chain 114 link chain. That way you can go back and forth with gearing without having 2 sets of chains. :devil:

• PBDBLUE

Posted August 02, 2004 - 09:09 AM

Actually it will fit. I run a 52 rear for mountain riding and a 48 rear in the desert both with the stock chain. It's a little tight around the rear chain guard but it does work. I like the 52 rear better than running a 13 front as it's not quite as big a jump in gearing.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.