Checked your shims lately?

5 replies to this topic
  • Hamish

Posted August 02, 2004 - 02:21 AM

I've had a few intermittant running problems lately, the kind that 'fix themselves' as the day goes on. Also had hells own trouble getting my JD kit to run properly, to the extent of changing back to the YZ needle. So I thought, I'd better check the valve clearances.
:awww: :thumbsup: :devil:
had less than 0.05 on the centre inlet . Only one was in spec. Looks like I'd better start saving my $$ for a new set of Ti valves and a seat job :lol:

• JVP

Posted August 02, 2004 - 07:27 AM

I recently had my valves all checked after 1000 miles of hard riding. They were all within specs. One of the intake's were a little tight but not enough to change out the shim this time. I think these bike engines are well built and designed. :thumbsup:

• SteadyEddy

Posted August 02, 2004 - 11:48 AM

Yer i checked mine yesterday, I have 1300kms on the clock and there still in spec :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gloft

Posted August 02, 2004 - 02:04 PM

Checked mine for the 1st time after 1500+ miles. Fully expected them to be out of spec but to my surprise they were all OK :thumbsup:

• blue_beast_wins

Posted August 03, 2004 - 10:12 PM

15,000 K's and still in spec :thumbsup:

• Hamish

Posted August 03, 2004 - 10:27 PM

god only knows how many km's are on my bike. Depends how many thousands km's the previous owner would back the odo :thumbsup: .

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.