Down hill backfire

4 replies to this topic
  • 450high

Posted August 02, 2004 - 12:58 AM

My 450 always backfire when i let the throttle back to idle going down hills.Is there any easy fix.I believe it is worse with a clean are filter ?.Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Dave

• the426master

Posted August 02, 2004 - 01:49 AM

it is idling to lean adjust your idle mixture screw on the bottom of your carb :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hank

Posted August 02, 2004 - 02:51 AM

Check out the Zip-Ty solution that replaces your origional screw with one that lets you adjust it with your fingers. They are sweeet.. :thumbsup:

• PBDBLUE

Posted August 02, 2004 - 04:31 AM

If it takes more than 3 turns out on the screw to get rid of the popping put in the next larger pilot jet.

• JVP

Posted August 02, 2004 - 07:15 AM

Besides turning your mixture screw out use a mix of race gas and premium to get the 95 octane rating. :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.