replacing plastic carburetor hoses

7 replies to this topic
  • yzf_rider400

Posted August 01, 2004 - 08:07 PM

my hoses are pretty stiff and yellow and are sort of on the short side, meaning they are close to not hanging clear of the swingarm linkage. Can I just replace these with regular clear plastic hosing from a hardware store, or do I need a special kind of plastic? what size? :thumbsup:

• Jeffro426

Posted August 01, 2004 - 08:18 PM

I went to home depot and used some of their black vinyl sprinkler hose(not the stiff stuff, but the shinny flexable stuff)...it looks and feels like vinyl fuel line and held up very well on my 426 and i think it looks better than the clear.

• yz426onNOS

Posted August 01, 2004 - 09:41 PM

I also went to home depot. But I got clear tubeing. I also put a filter at the end of the tubes.

• Rick_Kienle

Posted August 02, 2004 - 02:26 PM

Check out www.mxbonz.com. They have complete carb vent kits cut to proper length. You can order any number of different colors as well.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jeffro426

Posted August 02, 2004 - 06:25 PM

Man, i could by a couple hundred feet of the stuff i used for 15 bucks!!! :thumbsup:

• yz426onNOS

Posted August 02, 2004 - 08:18 PM

Man, i could by a couple hundred feet of the stuff i used for 15 bucks!!! :thumbsup:

You gotta love it!

• yzf_rider400

Posted August 02, 2004 - 08:40 PM

yeah I'm definitely only paying a couple dollars for this job.

• Hank

Posted August 04, 2004 - 05:40 AM

There are some kits on ebay as well. they are going pretty cheap... check it out the blue would look nice...
http://cgi.ebay.com/...&category=35597
:devil: :thumbsup: :awww:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.