Posted July 31, 2004 - 04:37 AM
here is all the non engine mods i am gonna get
1.Suspsension (front and rear) re done by independant suspension and a paddle tire with a rim in the rear
2. get yoshimura trs pipe and jet kit and twin air foam filter
3. short levers so i can use only 2 fingers
5. fork guards
6. renthal fatty barss and tag metals risers
7. steering stabelizer
9.IMS pro series pegs
10. yz450 fenders (just the fron and rear fenders not the radiator shrouds and all that junk)
11. did x ring chan and renthal stock size sprockets
are these good mods? just to start with? ( i really dont know cause i have been into quads for years and now i am switching to bikes and i dont know whats good for bikes and whats not)
anything else i should get before i start modding the engine???
Posted July 31, 2004 - 09:54 AM
Oh yeah, Protect the heck out of anything you can buy protection for. Radiators are easily bent and opened up. Radiator guards, skid plate, hand guards, and shark fin are must haves.
Leave the chain and sprokets alone till you need them. Mine came stock with an x-ring.
Posted August 01, 2004 - 06:57 AM
i'm not sure of the year but the rod and piston pin were beefed up from early yz/wr 4xx yamahas. some of the early years tended to blow up when modified.
Posted August 02, 2004 - 07:32 AM