first ride with fmf Q pipe

7 replies to this topic
  • robman

Posted June 10, 2001 - 03:39 PM

It's big and quiet,it flatends the power curve. it has lots of bottom but losses some top end.it puts out real smooth power now and makes it easier to ride.there's not the burst of power like it used to be, it layes the power down a lot smoother than before. Don't get me wrong it's still a big bully,it's just not as abrupt.( i think thats how to spell it)
It's a lot queiter than an uncorked wr and still has a good sound to it.and the yz seat and tank makes a world of difference!
here's a picture of it,click on the picture to get a better image. www.home.earthlink.net/~rtsuggs
------------------
00 wr400f fmf Q pipe ,uni-flow filter,no lid on breather,factory R&D accelerator pump cover, pro-taper bars with gpr stabilizer,acerbis pro rally hand guards, sdg seat and IMS yz tank.

[This message has been edited by robman (edited 06-10-2001).]

• Tony_Miller

Posted June 11, 2001 - 12:54 PM

When you say it looses some on top, what are you comparing it to, the stock pipe uncorked? Have you done any jetting changes or tried YZ timming?

• robman

Posted June 11, 2001 - 02:32 PM

Tony,I'm comparing it to a stock wr pipe.
my jetting is 48 pilot 170 main and 2 1/4 turns out on fuel screw with wr timing.

------------------
00 wr400f fmf Q pipe ,uni-flow filter,no lid on breather,factory R&D accelerator pump cover, pro-taper bars with gpr stabilizer,acerbis pro rally hand guards, sdg seat and IMS yz tank.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 12, 2001 - 09:04 PM

Nice looking bike robman. How do you like the seat and tank combo? What graphics do you have on that thing? Are those white WR radiator scoops? What does a pipe like that cost?

Glenn

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • robman

Posted June 12, 2001 - 02:15 PM

Thanks glenn,sunday was the first side with to seat and tank and also the pipe.I love the seat and tank it made the bike feel alot lighter and I can get a lot further up on the tank which makes it turn better.
the graphics kit is called one industries factory kit,it came with front and rear fender, shrouds,seat cover ( i didn't use ) number plate and graphics.
the pipe came from hiper sports $259.00.

------------------

• robman

Posted June 12, 2001 - 05:30 PM

update on fmf Q
drag race with a buddy that has the same year model wr but with a pro circuit pipe.
I'm geared one tooth smaller on front than he is,I jumped out front about two bike lengths and remained there thru all gears.
we raced three times and same results every time.you gota love quiet and fast!

------------------

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 13, 2001 - 04:15 AM

robman,

Is the petcock on that tank on the right side? If so is there any problem with fuel line routing?

Glenn

• BikeDestroyer

Posted June 14, 2001 - 01:27 PM

Is this pipe lighter than stock??

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.