R4 Castrol Oil Ok 5w40

4 replies to this topic
  • Kuznik

Posted July 30, 2004 - 02:15 PM

Hi all, 1st post and it's an oil question hahaha sorry I know how people can get to hate them, but my background is street bikes and these 4 strokes can be difficult to deal with... anyway is Castrol R4 superbike oil ok to use, it is a 5w 40 and the book states 20w 40 should be used.

I ask because I have about 10 liters still from my RC51 and would like to use it.

Anyway thanks

• yz426onNOS

Posted July 30, 2004 - 09:37 PM

Use mobil 15-50 (red cap) You will love it. Only use it if you are allready broken-in. The benifits are great:

-more power
-virtuly no engine wear and tear
-Best oil in the world!

There is a lot more but i'm tired. I run it and love it!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mtrablue

Posted July 31, 2004 - 01:04 PM

10 liters! you've got a lot of oil to use up. it's probably best to save that for some colder weather. do you think you can find any of your road buddies that might be willing to do some trading?

• Tom_Rowlee

Posted August 01, 2004 - 03:27 AM

[QUOTE]
:thumbsup:Use mobil 15-50 (red cap) You will love it. Only use it if you are allready broken-in. The benifits are great:

-more power
-virtuly no engine wear and tear
-Best oil in the world!

I run it and love it! Icould not have said it better than yz426on nos did! :thumbsup:

• r_dawg1021

Posted August 01, 2004 - 09:47 AM

but my background is street bikes and these 4 strokes can be difficult to deal with...

This might be a dumb observation but the last time I looked at an RC51 it was a 4 stroke, maybe a V-Twin but still a 4 stroke. Unless you're riding a 125-250GP bike on the street everything is a 4 stroke. Just being a devil's advocate that's all. :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.