over heating '02 426

3 replies to this topic
  • Blue Man

Posted July 30, 2004 - 08:34 AM

Was riding technical 1st and 2nd gear single track, bike overheated, overflow bottle empty, puking fluid out the tube next to swingarm. Let sit for a while and was fine, but I didn't climb anymore in elavation and picked up the pace alot. I am going to the 1.6 cap and I need to replace the vent and overflow tubes only because the ends or split.

• 450high

Posted August 02, 2004 - 12:52 AM

My bike over heats on tight stuff since i put aliminium radiator braces on.I have heard of others who have had the same problem.At the rate i hit the ground i figure i need the braces.I just rest the bike if i get stuck for any time .

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • the426master

Posted August 02, 2004 - 01:52 AM

I always had the same problem until I started using engine ice :thumbsup:

• the426master

Posted August 02, 2004 - 02:10 AM

I also wrapped my head pipe in exhaust wrap and put some heat shield on the very bottom of my right radiator which helps the heat in tight stuff I can promise you just ride around in shorts before and after :thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.