What the ?? Cork broke off in pipe?

2 replies to this topic
  • r_dawg1021

Posted July 29, 2004 - 03:18 PM

As some of you know I just got my bike street legal and today was my first ride into work. After getting home I was looking over the bike. Something that caught my eye was the cork sticking 1/4 out of the pipe. The bracket that is on the cork where the screw runs through snapped right off. Anybody ever had this problem? Hopefully nothing fell down the pipe.... :thumbsup:

Yeah, I know I should uncork it anyways but it's a money issue right now.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamahaSteve

Posted July 29, 2004 - 05:56 PM

Yup... my exhaust plug broke off too just like you described. Must have been shotty metal or welding.

• r_dawg1021

Posted July 29, 2004 - 07:38 PM

That's pretty lame. It gets too hot and just gives up, I guess this is another reason to get a new pipe. If crap keeps braking I guess I'll have a completely new bike. Not sure if this is good or not.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.