kick stand

5 replies to this topic
  • desmo900

Posted July 28, 2004 - 06:13 PM

Hello, Has anyone ever welded a bigger foot on the kick stand to help the bike stay upright while parked in sand?
Not exactly a sexy topic, but this thing is heavy to pick up.

• DirtyChris

Posted July 28, 2004 - 06:53 PM

In sand (as in sand dunes) just hold the front brake and spin the back tire digging a hole in the sand. It will hold the bike up even if your drunk friends walk into it backwards after catching their eyebrows on fire from a flaming marshmellow.
Don't ask me how I know this. :thumbsup:

• BWB63

Posted July 28, 2004 - 07:51 PM

Yes, I welded half a 2" square washer on the side that face' back when the kick stand is down. It face' the swing arm when up. Irounded it to a u. It added 1.25" I also bent the end some. It does not rub on the swing arm and makes the bike stay up right in the sand untill some drunk guy backing away from a flaming marshmellow hits it :thumbsup: but, it is 400% better then stock :devil:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MotoChris521

Posted July 29, 2004 - 02:11 AM

:devil: :awww: :lol: :thumbsup:

• HOOLPE

Posted July 29, 2004 - 08:57 AM

If you have drunks around then you have empty cans. They are very effective in supporting the bike.

• mr660

Posted July 29, 2004 - 06:53 PM

hows that for rocket science! :devil:

Its all fun and games until a flamming marshmellow is flung and lands in your womans hair! :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.