Need a new engine

Check servicehonda.com going to cost over $2,620, over half of another new xr650l, I bet you can find a complete used bike for less than a new motor and faster. And have lots of extra parts for spare or sale. What did you do to blow it up? David

Don't know yet what happened to it. It did not seize up it just got loud and lost compression. I shut it off immediately. I may have lost timing or I have heard some people say that the choke butterfly can come apart and do some damage. Possibly a part of that is stuck under one of the valves. My reason for wanting a new engine is to get this thing running again as fast as possible. I am sure my current engine can be fixed but i would like to replace it now, fix and sell it down the road.

Don't know yet what happened to it. It did not seize up it just got loud and lost compression. I shut it off immediately. I may have lost timing or I have heard some people say that the choke butterfly can come apart and do some damage. Possibly a part of that is stuck under one of the valves. My reason for wanting a new engine is to get this thing running again as fast as possible. I am sure my current engine can be fixed but i would like to replace it now, fix and sell it down the road.

Some guy was parting out his 650L on here a week or so ago. Might want to go through the old posts and see if he still has the engine. Might get lucky

It may be something very simple, such as rings, piston, or valves or timing chain. If you at least get troubleshoot it you might find its much easier to fix ? than trying to find a new engine and spending like 10,000 bucks on it :D

But I feel for youy dude :D, it really sucks to be without the bike ?. When mine broke all there was to do was to spend more time with my wife, stay up late and have sex half the night... ? Man it was great to get the bike back, go riding for the day, come home beat, and go straight to sleep so that I could do it all over again the next day :devil: The more I think about it, I should have just traded my wife for a new engine :awww: