Subframe and Airbox ?

5 replies to this topic
  • brucifer

Posted July 27, 2004 - 03:53 PM

Will other model subframe fit a 02 426? Like a 250 or 125. Is there a better airbox? Same, I ride in south TX. Dry and dusty and am considering screened holes. Will this help?

:thumbsup: :devil:

• zz3gmc

Posted July 27, 2004 - 03:59 PM

Im using an airbox and side panels from a 01 YZ 250 2 stroke. Its a direct bolt in, lighter, flows more air and in my opinion, looks better. The only problem is that the seat doesnt exactly match the contour of the top of the side panels. Its not really noticeable though.

• brucifer

Posted July 27, 2004 - 04:40 PM

Thanks :thumbsup: does the airbox fit with its own snorkel or do I need a 426 snorkel

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JohnB

Posted July 27, 2004 - 05:32 PM

You don't need the yz boot, the 426 boot will fit on the yz airbox.
The yz seat fits better. It all depends what fit you want. Altho, the yz seat needs to be trimmed near the tank to bolt up.

I did this mod to my 2001 yz250f. If you want a couple of pic's, send me your email address.

• zz3gmc

Posted July 28, 2004 - 12:18 PM

I didnt even think to try the seat from the 250 2 stroke. I even have one!

• JohnB

Posted July 28, 2004 - 03:53 PM

Yep... try the yz seat.
Undo the seat staples and pull the seat cover back on the section that sits against the tank. You'll have to trim the plastic part of the seat base to make it fit against the tank. When your done trimming, pull the cover back over, staple and go riding. Good luck.....

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.