'05 YZ's are on the showroom floor

6 replies to this topic
  • SUnruh

Posted July 27, 2004 - 12:05 PM

if you hurry, that is.
local big dealership sold their first 05 YZ125 in under 2 hours. the 05 YZ250 might make it till morning.
offical word is -> VERY easy to lift onto a stand!

• DoctorRzed

Posted July 27, 2004 - 03:21 PM

I am not impressed w/the 05 yz450f and wouldn't consider buying one; but the yz125/250's :thumbsup:

• DoctorRzed

Posted July 27, 2004 - 03:30 PM

05 yz450f smoother power delevery :devil:
I love the power mine has out of the corners :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • revolucien

Posted July 27, 2004 - 04:10 PM

I agree, I don't like the whole "smoother power delivery" as a selling point. I like the hit that so many people complain about. Maybe it's coming from a two stroke upbringing but, I would rather have the punch and have to control it myself instead of Yamaha taking it away.

• youngwerth

Posted July 27, 2004 - 05:11 PM

I picked up my 05 YZ-250 2-stroke today. z-Start went straight in, no changes from the earlier models except the perch adjuster doesn't fit over the new cable. Gonna have to work on that one.

Funny, whenever I get on a 250 2-stroke motocross bike, I'm always disappointed with the power. They just feel so weak down low compared to the 450s. Seems like it will be a fun bike though. I'm going to go do a 100 mile break-in ride tomorrow to she how she is in the woods.

• motocrosschump

Posted July 28, 2004 - 03:11 AM

I picked up my 05 YZ-250 2-stroke today. z-Start went straight in, no changes from the earlier models except the perch adjuster doesn't fit over the new cable.

Does it feel lighter in the air?

• yz426onNOS

Posted July 28, 2004 - 03:02 PM

I agree, I don't like the whole "smoother power delivery" as a selling point. I like the hit that so many people complain about. Maybe it's coming from a two stroke upbringing but, I would rather have the punch and have to control it myself instead of Yamaha taking it away.

Thats why i'm keeping my 426!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.