Zip-Ty hardware question: O-ring?

6 replies to this topic
  • r_dawg1021

Posted July 27, 2004 - 06:44 AM

I ordered the Zip-Ty because my pilot screw fell out while riding(Don't ask). Obviously that o-ring and other stuff went with it. My question is, do you need the o-ring and stuff to put the Zip-Ty in or is it simply as easy as screwing it in by itself? I already ordered another pilot screw from Yamaha cause that was the only way to get the o-rings.

I'm hoping I can throw the Zip-Ty in without the o-ring cause I'll have the Zip-Ty tomorrow but no o-ring until next Tuesday or so. As usual, thanks for any info :thumbsup:

• r_dawg1021

Posted July 27, 2004 - 06:53 AM

NO! You need the O-ring and the spring. Might be a trip to the Yamaha dealer. These screws seem to back out on their own. You need something on the threads to stop that. Not Loctite!

Good to know. I guess I'll wait for everything to come in, someone would actually put locite on their fuel screw? Now that's funny :thumbsup:

Thanks for the quick response. Guess I'll be outta commission for another week or so. :devil:

• Indy_WR450

Posted July 27, 2004 - 07:21 AM

My zip-ty screw never vibrates loose or tight! :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • r_dawg1021

Posted July 27, 2004 - 08:12 AM

Do you have the o-ring and spring Indy?

• Indy_WR450

Posted July 27, 2004 - 08:19 AM

Yes I have the O-ring, spring and dont forget the washer. :thumbsup: My Zip - Ty is also difficult to turn by hand you really have to squeeze it tight and twist it. :devil:

• r_dawg1021

Posted July 27, 2004 - 09:48 AM

That sucks, I wonder if maybe your o-ring is bad or something? Once I get mine in I'll let you know if it's tough. From what I've read it sounds like it should be a simple twist. Apparently in practice that's not true for some...I guess either way it's way easier than the alternative way of adjusting it.

• Indy_WR450

Posted July 27, 2004 - 10:23 AM

I know that Zip-TY had a bad batch of screws out there where the theads were cut to deep and they were easy to turn and thus they did not hold their position. This was over a year ago and If you call them up you may be able to get a new one in exchange. :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.