Suspension

6 replies to this topic
  • Thumper38

Posted July 27, 2004 - 05:29 AM

Why does the 250f turn better than the 450? is it a weight thing or is the head angle different? also what can I do to make it turn better and stay in the ruts? I have the damdest time holding a deep rut! :thumbsup:

• YAMAKAZE

Posted July 27, 2004 - 07:51 AM

Depends on just what it is doing...and how your suspension is setup. First question is: Have you set your SAG correctly (Between 95mm and 100mm) Is your Static SAG between 15mm and 25mm) These are just 2 of the most important suspension settings and control about 70% of what happens with the bike. (SHOCK)If the bike is kicking in the rut, then your Rebound on the shock is set too fast. (FORKS)If the front end is trying to tuck inside the turn then the fork rebound is set too slow. After many years of racing I have found that the front forks should always be set between 12 and 14 clicks out to avoid many of the turning perils. Additionally pulling the forks up in the top clamp between 1/4 and 1/2 of an inch will cause the bike to seriously tighten up the turning radius. You did not say that your suspension was harsh at any point so I suspect your compression settings are fine for your riding style.

Bonzai :thumbsup:

• Thumper38

Posted July 27, 2004 - 08:00 AM

I am at 20mm static sag and 95mm race sag, How do I know were the compression and rebound should be on the shock? :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Yak

Posted July 27, 2004 - 01:34 PM

(FORKS)If the front end is trying to tuck inside the turn then the fork rebound is set too slow. After many years of racing I have found that the front forks should always be set between 12 and 14 clicks out to avoid many of the turning perils.

Is that for both - Rebound and Compression?

• TexasDirtNap

Posted July 27, 2004 - 04:07 PM

Once you have race and static sag set the answers to you compression/rebound questions can be found here:

:thumbsup: http://www.mx-tech.com/tuning.asp

• brucifer

Posted July 27, 2004 - 04:43 PM

Are the offsets in the 250 clamps the same as the 450 clamps?

• Thumper38

Posted July 28, 2004 - 02:48 AM

I also would like to know if the off sets on the clamps are the same? :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.