Rekluse E-Start auto clutch arrived today.

Yep, it arrived today 7/26/04. I will be installing it tomorrow and doing a ride on the Green Dot road system. Can't wait. I opted to retain the manual clutch lever should I feel I need it like for lofting my front wheel over logs and such. The BRP is loving this. :devil:?

OMT,

Did you ever get the new battery box for your pig? I was wondering if Baja Designs came up with a different battery for the e-start kit yet......

They told me it would be another week or so before they get the new battery for the E-start kit sent out.

Interesting that you should ask about this. Baja designs actually called me today and told me they expect to ship the battery and all new electrical components by Friday. He said all the parts are done and right at this moment they are having them coated (I assumed he meant for rust resistence).

geez, short of glow in the dark valve stems---is there anything left for you to put on that pig?

let us jealous types know how it works out ?

The kit went in rather easily. I did have to make adjustments to get the correct gap but it was not big deal. It seems to work fine but I didn't get to take it for long ride cause the Edelbrock Carb is blocking any fuel from entering it again. I think Im gonna have to call someone on this problem. I know what its doing but not sure why. The fuel shut off valve is sticking closed so no fuel gets to the carb. I fixed it once but its doing it again. :awww:

Oh yeah, the color cordinated glow in the dark valve stems are on the way. :devil:

They're definitely not the same. The XR400 Joe Racer kit is fine, but I've heard some bad things about their XR650R version. The BD e-start kit is of a completely different design and significantly less expensive than the JR kit. It ain't the prettiest kit, but it looks stout. Do a search in this forum for BD electric start kit and you'll see the pictures of it that old man time posted a short while back.