TNT proof handlebars???

4 replies to this topic
  • mr660

Posted July 26, 2004 - 07:24 PM

Well for the first time since 1996 I bent a set of Renthal bars! About a 4th gear wipe out on slippery wet clay and an approx. slide of 50-60ft. I didn't even have a chance to put my foot down, it was that quick.
My question is what type of high bend bar should i go with that is absolutely accident proof? or should i stick with the renthals?

• big t

Posted July 26, 2004 - 10:44 PM

Pro Tapers :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted July 27, 2004 - 02:47 PM

Pro Tapers :thumbsup:

enough said 65 mph crash/roll and still straight as an arrow

• Thumprding

Posted July 28, 2004 - 09:43 AM

Are talking about you bent a standard 7/8" bar or a oversized bar. I bent a set of 7/8 Renthals on my XR. After that I put on a set of oversized (BFB) and they are a tough as nails.

I remember once loosing my XR to a slick root at the top of a steep hill. I bailed and stayed pretty much at the top. I watched the XR do a few endos down the hill.

I picked the bike up and besides a broken tail light and having to realign the wheel to the forks it was fine. I watched it slam the bars into the ground and thought surely the bars are going to be bent like a pretzle and I am going to have a real interesting ride back to camp. Nope they were fine.

On My KTM I run a set of TAG T2s. Still straight after a few crashes in the rocks.

• mr660

Posted July 29, 2004 - 06:55 PM

Standard 7/8inch bars is what i cranked!

Related Content

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  41 replies

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.