WR450 DENTED HEADPIPE?

5 replies to this topic
  • mntmayfly

Posted July 26, 2004 - 03:16 PM

i dented my headpipe over the weekend, can i expect any ill effects? its dented at the bend about 1/2 the pipe or less? :thumbsup:

• Indy_WR450

Posted July 26, 2004 - 03:41 PM

Repair it and it will collapse again real soon. Replace it with any SS aftermarket header and avoid the Ti stuff that does not hold up! :thumbsup:

• mntmayfly

Posted July 27, 2004 - 07:02 AM

my real question is can i rid eit like this until get a new one? :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted July 27, 2004 - 07:20 AM

Yes you can ride it for now without to much issues.

• PBDBLUE

Posted July 27, 2004 - 07:54 AM

I just repaired a crinked 450 pipe recently. It was mashed up pretty bad and I was able to "re-expand" it by capping the ends and applying compressed air inside (it only needed about 5 - 10 psi) while heating it slowly with an acetylene torch. It didn't come out perfect but certainly very servicable. Yours doesn't sound half as bad. If you have access to a gas welder you might give it a try.

• mntmayfly

Posted July 27, 2004 - 10:37 AM

i dont have access to any flames or explosives, that would be scary, ahh.. what i could do with a torch! i might give the old water in the pipe and freeze it trick a try?
thanks guys! :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.