Got a green sticker for my 04'

8 replies to this topic
  • BIGMatt

Posted July 26, 2004 - 06:07 AM

Im sooo glad I bought my 04 WR450 from Intl' Brokers! The Euro/Can VIN# on the frame got me a nice shiney GREEN sticker for year round use here in California!! I have a 'W' in the 8th position of the VIN# and that gets me a GREEN!!! So to celebrate, I went to Gorman this weekend!

• Boneman

Posted August 08, 2004 - 12:19 PM

Do you mind if I ask what the total damage was for everything? (bike+shipping+title+Calif DMV fees+unknown???) Any issues with assembly? My biggest concern is that the bike will have some damage and dealing with it will suck. One sitting on the dealer floor you can look over and make sure there is no damage from shipping, assembly, etc.

Thanks!

• BIGMatt

Posted August 09, 2004 - 06:11 AM

I paid $5698 to Int'l Brokers for bike+shipping+Cal title transfer fees. Then an extra $460 to Ca DMV for TAXES and reg. Total cost to me was about $6150. I picked up the crate at the Fwd Air warehouse in Hawthorne, they load'd it into my truck. Weighed 250lbs. No damage to bike, or crate, and you're allowed to inspect the crate at the warehouse before signing for it. Removeal from crate and bike assembly took 3hrs. Assembly consisted of: put on bars, throttle tube, levers and perch's, one side pannel, connect 3 electrical plugs, install headlight/number plate plastic, ft wheel + odo hub assy, add oil, add gas, connect battery and go. And of course check all other major components. There are no instructions per say, but the bike came with a big thick Yamaha detailed owners/repair manual, extra jets, spoke wrench, plug wrench, cable ties, and screws for attaching plastic. The pink slip came later in the mail, and actually came from Indiana. So it looks like I bought the bike in Indiana, not Canada. (thats the Cal title trans fee) HOWEVER, I did pay Ca sales tax at DMV, $430. But thats because Im stupid and wrote full price on the pink slip, and checked the box that I did not pay tax already. But, I guess its sorta worth the green sticker.
I do reccomend sending payment to Canada by FedEx, or UPS. I sent mine by USPS, certified and it took too long. Makes you nervous sending a fat cashiers check in the mail like that.
So all in all.... I came out a litle ahead of the game... LA City Yamaha quoted me about $6400 OTD, but that is a RED sticker bike. But now...the 2005's are green sticker, so its a toss up. Plus, I got to put the bike together myself, and set it up right the first time. The bike is Can/Austrailian spec, but as far as I can tell, that just means it has the warning stickers in French, the ODO is in kilomteres, and the VIN number gets me a green sticker!!! Good luck, Im happy with the transaction, and would do it again, especially if you live near a FWD Air warehouse.

• simon@vic

Posted August 09, 2004 - 07:05 AM

Removeal from crate and bike assembly took 3hrs.

:thumbsup: :devil:
you ridden it yet? you got the butt plug out?

oh ya, good price, damm good price. :awww:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MotoWRat

Posted August 09, 2004 - 07:25 AM

I don't think you need to jump through hoops for the green sticker. I was issued a green sticker by the CA DMV for my WR250F, purchased from local dealer.

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted August 09, 2004 - 10:09 AM

I have a 'W' in the 8th position of the VIN# and that gets me a GREEN...

What letter in the 8th digit gives you the red? :thumbsup:

• JVP

Posted August 09, 2004 - 04:03 PM

I fail to see why two identical bikes, the same year and model. No difference except a digit on the frame would make a difference from a green sticker to a red sticker. :devil: If I ever get a ticket due to a red sticker, I am going to call on all the Thumper Talk brothers with green stickers to provide photos and copies of their registration so we can take this to court and end the madness! :awww: We need to end the red sticker law. :thumbsup: I have a friend who has a 03 KX500 and he got a green sticker off the bat. My son's 03 KX85 had a red sticker, but this year they gave me a green. These bikes pollute ten times more than ours. This is totally un-American. :lol:

• Jim_bo

Posted August 09, 2004 - 04:39 PM

I fail to see why two identical bikes, the same year and model. No difference except a digit on the frame would make a difference from a green sticker to a red sticker.

Because California is screwed up as Hogan's goat!!

Jimbo

• BIGMatt

Posted August 10, 2004 - 04:17 AM

I have a 'W' in the 8th position of the VIN# and that gets me a GREEN...

What letter in the 8th digit gives you the red? :thumbsup:

Per CA DMV website, a "C" or "3" in the 8th position designates a red sticker.
Check the site: http://www.dmv.ca.go...ohvredgreen.htm

I did remove the butt plug, but thats all I can afford right now. FMF Q and Pro-taper bars are next... whenever I get some $$$. Have 3 rides on it so far, about 220 miles total, love'n every second of it!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.