thinking about getting a WR 450...

3 replies to this topic
  • tool

Posted July 25, 2004 - 02:55 PM

can a WR's stock suspension do any moto, or is it a giant marshmellow?

• RichBaker

Posted July 26, 2004 - 04:54 PM

My 03 works pretty good on the track, jumps well and even takes the whoops pretty good...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tool

Posted July 27, 2004 - 07:55 PM

so, you would say a WR is pretty usable on the track? im just wondering if i can get away with having ONLY a WR, seeing as though i ride about 40/60 track/trails. i bottom my YZ at the track, but i rarely use full travel on the trails. i can ride the track all day, but the trails beat me up quickly... anyone in my same situation?

• beezer

Posted July 28, 2004 - 03:55 AM

Yamaha sets the suspension for a guy around 170 pounds I think. I haven't been near that weight since I was 14. I have to respring and sometimes revalve every dirt bike I buy. I used to bottom my YZ450 big time until I had the suspension done.

MX Action did a WR for the track and liked it.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.