trail tech computer setup

21 replies to this topic
  • RJB

Posted August 09, 2004 - 06:31 AM

I understand there are a few factors that affect the reading. I followed the TrailTech instructions (reference the picture they enclosed) and mounted the sensor in the same spot as they indicated. The cable is too long, but I looped it and tucked it behind the front # plate out of the way (using a cable tie to hold it). Then did the following to set it up:
Marked the tire and driveway with a chalk. Got on the bike and got the 'minister of home affairs' to mark the driveway after 5 (yup 5) rotations with me on the bike. Measured it with a tape measure (i think it was 423 inches). Multiply this by 25.4 and divide by 5 gave me 2149 - this is the # is used.
Factors affecting the measurements above:
Tire size 80/100-21 Dunlop D739
Inflated to 15 psi
Tread approx 95%

I have only checked my measurement against my car over a mile, and it was 'close enough for government work' as far as I could tell. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamahaWR450FMike

Posted August 09, 2004 - 06:44 PM

go with 2100 or 2110 a lower number will get you where you want to be. Mine is dead on acuate with those numbers. Check with my Garman GPS

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.