Any WR400's with FMF Powerbomb header and JD jetting?

3 replies to this topic
  • WRider995

Posted July 24, 2004 - 02:23 PM

Need a little jetting advice for my WR which has an FMF Powerbomb. Blue needle in 3rd position is coughing at about 1/3 throttle. I'm at about 700ft above sea level.

• The_Missile

Posted July 26, 2004 - 12:53 AM

That would be me.

I will look into my carb settings, but basically they are stock all round except the needle and the
main jet which is a 168 I think. Dont look at my signature, its not updated.
I run a powerbomb + CRD (french < 94dB) pipe which is not as free flowing as it could be!
I also ride a little higher than you though 1800 feet to 4000

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • R_Little

Posted July 26, 2004 - 07:22 AM

Ive have the same setup as you.
I rode last weekend at about 2-3000ft and noticed the same coughing as you. I think its a little rich.

My main is a 168 and I'm running the blue needle. I gotta check the clip. 3 or 4 but don't remember. I use a power now so my pilot is a 40.

I'm going to change to the red needle and see what happens.

• kirkw

Posted July 26, 2004 - 12:47 PM

below are my settings. I am stock other than what is specified below. Seems perfectly dialed for about 1000 feet and 70 degrees. Hope that helps...

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.