wr450

4 replies to this topic
  • nofear14

Posted July 24, 2004 - 12:00 PM

I am 6'1" 320 pounds and am getting a wr450 in november or december and am getting my suspension re done by a company called indepent suspension and set for 320 pounds for $1000.00 I am getting it set to do a lot of Desert racing and some mx and fmx. Is this a good deal? and anyone know any aftermarket parts for bikes cause i have been racing quads and i dont know anything about modding bikes? I am switching to bikes just cause quads are too much work, I have a modded 400ex i am keeping that for the winter but i like bikes more. I just need to know what parts seem to work the best, what ever puts out the horses. my first mod after my suspesion is gonna be a pipe and jet kit with filter. jjust dont know what pipe to get fmf or yoshimura or big gun or someone else? :awww: :devil: and what other engine mods should i get?? and just out of curiousity what is teh top speed or the wr450? i am sure is has more than enough torque. :thumbsup: :lol:

• The_Blue_One

Posted July 24, 2004 - 01:12 PM

Springs and a revalve should run aroung $600.What is he doing for $1000? What year wr are you getting?

Welcome to TT :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nofear14

Posted July 24, 2004 - 01:56 PM

they are doing the front and rear re valved re sprung and set to my weight, they are setting it up so i can do some big jumps 100++ feet dont know if that effects the price at all. So i am gettin ripped off then? just curious cause my friend owns the shop i am going through to get the suspension re done.

• The_Blue_One

Posted July 24, 2004 - 02:01 PM

they are doing the front and rear re valved re sprung and set to my weight, they are setting it up so i can do some big jumps 100++ feet. So i am gettin ripped off then? just curious cause my friend owns the shop i am going through to getthe suspension re done.

It seems high to me. I'm a big guy also and the most i've spent is $650 and that was race tech who used their valves which added to the cost. Maybe they are using yz valves or aftermarket valves which is adding to the cost. :thumbsup:

If you're gettin an 04 or older wr i can hook you up on the springs. I have some .52 fronts and a 6.2 rear $100 shipped.

• nofear14

Posted July 24, 2004 - 03:05 PM

they are doing the front and rear re valved re sprung and set to my weight, they are setting it up so i can do some big jumps 100++ feet. So i am gettin ripped off then? just curious cause my friend owns the shop i am going through to getthe suspension re done.

It seems high to me. I'm a big guy also and the most i've spent is $650 and that was race tech who used their valves which added to the cost. Maybe they are using yz valves or aftermarket valves which is adding to the cost. :thumbsup:

If you're gettin an 04 or older wr i can hook you up on the springs. I have some .52 fronts and a 6.2 rear $100 shipped.

they are using aftermarket valves and everything, i guess thats why it costs more then. cheap as hell compared to my quad though. front suspension was $1200 and rear suspension was $900. quads are rediculously expensive and dont jump as high as bikes thats why i am getting the wr450.

oh yeah i am getting the 05 model

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.