CS sprocket free play Q

3 replies to this topic
  • InChanWeTrust

Posted July 24, 2004 - 07:18 AM

Hey All,
Is it normal to have some play (in/out) on the front sprocket? My set plate does not line up with the sprocket splines, therefore when I put the bolts in, there is some play. As in the front sprocket can move in and out on the trans shaft. Normal???

• qadsan

Posted July 24, 2004 - 01:19 PM

There will be a little side to side play, but it should fit well in the spine without much rotational play. Make sure your retainer is made correctly. As I recall from earlier this month, "big t" here on TT got an Ironman 13T front sprocket that had a retainer with the splines aligned with the sprocket teeth so the whole assembly could slide right off. The retainer should be keyed offset once it's bolted to the sprocket to keep it in the shaft.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • frankstr

Posted July 24, 2004 - 01:57 PM

There's a little on mine,Did'nt measure would have to think it's normal imo..... :thumbsup:

• big t

Posted July 24, 2004 - 03:51 PM

I bought an Ironman 13T and the retainer bolt holes were misdrilled so the retainer was lined up perfectly with the splines. I called Dirt Tricks and the guy told me they had gotten a bad batch. He said they issued a recall and had some new retainers made. The one that was sent with my sprocket was just like the stock retainer. I do remember when I got the sprocket the package said to use only the retainer that came with the sprocket not the stock one. Any way they sent a new retainer and I'm good to go. I rode mine with the wrong retainer for 6 months. I'm surprised I overlooked when I installed it.

Related Content

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.