HELP- cant get wr450 to crank over with electric start

3 replies to this topic
  • tdd6405

Posted July 23, 2004 - 04:38 PM

okay i just got the motor. its in a quad frame. i bought everything needed to run, the whole wiring harness. i dont knwo if itll get spark or anythign either cuz i dont have a kickstarter for it right now..

but it will not even try to crank the starter over, is there maybe a nuetral switch that is disengaged on the dirtbike that i may not have? all the wiring is together, there is only one loose plug. it has 2 wires going into it, a black and a dark blue. i figured those were just for lights or something.

i have over 12 volts coming from the battery so thats not it. the fuses are good, the ignition button is on, i dont know what it is

if anyone can help, i really appreciate it

• PBDBLUE

Posted July 23, 2004 - 06:24 PM

There are two switches on the WR that inhibit the starter. One is a neutral switch and the other is a clutch switch. One of these must be made to enable the starter relay. There's a schematic in the manual. If you don't have it you can download the '03 manual here. The wiring is the same on the '04 except theres no headlight switch on the '04 but that shouldn't matter.

ThumperFAQ

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Treebark

Posted July 26, 2004 - 09:16 AM

There are two switches on the WR that inhibit the starter. One is a neutral switch and the other is a clutch switch. One of these must be made to enable the starter relay. There's a schematic in the manual. If you don't have it you can download the '03 manual here. The wiring is the same on the '04 except theres no headlight switch on the '04 but that shouldn't matter.

ThumperFAQ

I agree.

• tdd6405

Posted July 26, 2004 - 09:58 AM

i got it figured out now. thanks alot guys

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.