Headlight Suggestions?

13 replies to this topic
  • teamtoxic

Posted July 23, 2004 - 12:35 PM

In an attempt to WR my YZ, I'm in a pickle in deciding what headlight to buy. I've seen the stock WR lighting and I think it's just great. Are there any aftermarket headlight assemblies that do as good (or better) of a job than the stocker without getting into high powered systems? I see Acerbis has their 55 watt Cyclops headlight that is DOT approved, while it's somewhat odd looking I'm assuming it does a good job of lighting up the trail?

I figure there's no better people to ask than those guys running these lights. Can't wait to join the crowd! :devil:

On that note; anybody have a complete stock headlight assembly in decent shape they want to sell?

Thanks a lot...
Nick :thumbsup:

• mtrablue

Posted July 23, 2004 - 01:18 PM

keep your eyes on ebay. the stock headlight has been the same for a few years.

• Hamish

Posted July 24, 2004 - 09:47 PM

I run an Acerbis Diamond light. Great looks and performance (as long as you arent idleing), but not DOT approved. But neither are my tyres, trailtech, exhaust blah blah blah

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted July 24, 2004 - 11:52 PM

I have an Acerbis DHH headlight. It has two bulbs that are identical to the downlights in our kitchen. :awww: Yes, I briefly stole a bulb from the kitchen. :devil: She never even noticed though, so no harm done..... :thumbsup:

• YamahaWR450FMike

Posted July 25, 2004 - 08:16 AM

where can I find a headlight switch for my 04 WR450?

• Jesusrokz

Posted October 07, 2008 - 07:47 PM

Hey does anybody know what you call them shakey headlights that I seen going down the road, looking like his junk was loose. It really grabs your attention. Good safety.
Blessings & Balance NC Preacher

Braap Braaap Braaaaaaap :lame: :bonk:

• tikkar

Posted October 08, 2008 - 01:02 PM

I don't know if you can get em in the states, but 'HEBO' do a good light which is road legal over here. High/low Halogen bulb and throws a good enough beam to ride/see in tight woods with.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Just_a_trail_rider

Posted October 09, 2008 - 06:26 AM

The stock headlight isn't that good. Are you doing some night riding?

Stay away from the incandescents and get a halogen setup. A 35watt halogen will be almost as good as a 100 watt incandescent.

I have a helmet light that I use. It works perfectly (www.helmetlight.com). This was a lot cheaper than buying a headlight assembly. I hardly every ride at night though.

• Mosow

Posted October 09, 2008 - 06:33 AM

I have the Acerbis light, it has a running light and normal light it suck, not adjustable, has straps that fit around the forks. The cyclops light look cool and is adjustable.

• matt4x4

Posted October 09, 2008 - 07:48 AM

Not sure if mine's Acerbis or UFO, it came with the bike, I replaced both MR16 bulbs due to the reflective coating in the originals flaking of inside - one is a spot the other a flood - I get great coverage when riding:
Posted Image

• tcmII

Posted October 13, 2008 - 05:12 PM

I disagree on the stock head lamp not being good. I have used it for a couple of night rides here in MI and it worked fine. Of course, i may be slow :-)

Also, the stock lamp is a 55/60 watt dual filiment halogen bulb. The stock wiring is only wired for 55. A trip to the auto parts store will get you a new connector. There are many sources for the switch. I plan on using one from Sicass racing.

• BigOne

Posted October 13, 2008 - 06:13 PM

I have a BD headlight, good on the light output. Hate the look of it. Want to put a WR headlight on. From online parts diagrams, it looks like it has the same bulb. Is it the same output as my BD light? Has anyone upgraded the bulb to a more powerful unit? I have put a Sylvania "brighter white" bulb in. Will be upgrading the charging system later for twin 55w halogens, but if I can find a used one on ebay. Thanks.

• Ramcc4x4

Posted October 16, 2008 - 06:11 AM

I've been running the Acerbis Cyclops for a couple of years now. I like it and it has done okay in slow to moderate speed night riding.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• greg0936

Posted March 03, 2009 - 01:36 PM

very nice bike

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.